- 12 cups dry bread cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1 cup melted real butter (not margarine)
- 1⁄2-1 cup hot chicken broth or 1⁄2-1 cup turkey broth, to moisten
- In large bowl combine bread, onion, celery and all seasonings.
- Add melted butter and toss gently to mix.
- Add hot broth and moisten to desired consistency.
- Stuff into the cavity of the turkey before roasting, if desired.
- Pour into a large casserole (9×13) and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes, not letting the top get too crispy.