- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 6 teaspoons raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Powdered sugar (garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine flour, sugar and salt in a medium bowl.
3. Into flour, sugar, and salt mixture, cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly.
4. Reserve 1 cup flour mixture.
5. Lightly grease an 11 x 7-inch or 9-inch square pan.
6. Press remaining flour mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Spread peach preserves over crust in pan.
9. Dollop raspberry preserves by 1/2 teaspoonfuls over peach preserves.
10. Sprinkle reserved 1 cup flour mixture over preserves. Sprinkle with almonds.
11. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Garnish with powdered sugar, if desired.