- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 – 28 oz cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 – 29 oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 – 14.5 oz cans of petite cut tomatoes (diced)
- 3 cans diced green chiles (mild)
- 2 – 15.5 oz cans of kidney beans
- Chili powder to taste
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
1. In a large pot over medium/high heat, add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, green chiles and kidney beans. Cover and let it simmer.
2. In a large frying pan, over medium/high heat add olive oil and sautee onion until it is translucent.
3. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink; drain grease.
4. Add the tomato paste to the hamburger mixture and cook another minute or two until paste darkens.
5. Add the hamburger mixture to your now simmering large pot.
6. Add your spices (cayenne, chili powder, brown sugar, salt and pepper).
7. Continue to simmer for at least an hour; add additional seasoning to taste as it simmers.