- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound 85 percent lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups chili sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon yellow mustard
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add beef and onion and cook until beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in tomato paste, chili powder, brown sugar, and allspice and cook until paste begins to darken, about 2 minutes.
3. Add chili sauce and water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until mixture is thickened, about 7 minutes.
4. Transfer half of mixture to food processor and process until coarsely ground; return to skillet.
5. Stir in hot sauce, Worcester- shire, and mustard. Serve. (Sauce can be refrigerated in airtight container for 3 days.)
Source: Cook’s Country August/September 2010