- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted (optional)
1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix with a fork or whisk until smooth.
3. Heat a griddle or large pan over medium high heat (300-350 F). Pour or scoop ¼ cup of batter for each pancake. Wait until bubbles form to flip. Brown on the other side and serve with butter and syrup.